INSCYD ATHLETE BENEFITS
INSCYD is the worlds leading, most advanced physiological performance analysis software and is now available at Sancture Sportifs where we match the power of this performance analysis software with the extensive experience of experienced coach Richard Laidlow!
It is an incredible testing tool for all athletes and is employed by many of the best athletes worldwide including Peter Sagan, Tony Martin, Jan Frodeno and their coaches to plan, manage and monitor training.
In 2019 we began to offer INSCYD Lactate Testing for Swim, Bike and Run, and many of our athletes have clearly benefited from this. For example we use the blood lactate test on Sam Laidlow at several points throughout the year and it has really helped us improve and understand the energy costs of individual sessions. This year we are taking it up a notch by offering the INSCYD PPD (power performance decoder) for both Cycling and Running.
The comprehensive data INSCYD testing provides will allow me as a coach to:
- Provide you with a more comprehensive understanding of the layers of your physiology that enable your actual performance.
- Explain to you how your performance is actually composed and what you/we can do to enhance it.
- Let us project future performances more accurately based on scientific training improvements.
- Eliminate potentially inaccurate guesswork.
- Benefit your training schedule and performance with both a scientific foundation and precise predictability.
In short, from the test data we can tailor your training even more effectively to the specific areas needed, to keep you improving and hitting your goals. We can advise on the optimum amount of carbs you should be using to effectively absorb each session and set up a far more informed and accurate race and nutrition plan, in keeping with your specific and individual needs.
The INSCYD PPD ( Power Performance Decoder ) is THE WORLD’S MOST ADVANCED PHYSIOLOGICAL PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS SOFTWARE available on the market and is used by some of the greatest triathlete’s cyclist’s and their coaches such as Peter Sagan, Jan Frodeno, Lionel Sanders and Primoz Roglic.
So, what can it tell us?
- VO2max – maximum aerobic capacity
- VLamax – maximum glycolytic (anaerobic) capacity
- Anaerobic threshold and how it is composed
- Accumulation of Lactate and how quickly you can recover from it
- Fat combustion rate and FatMax
- Carbohydrate combustion during training & racing
- Economy – how much energy you need at any given speed
Note: For the tests you will need simply a power meter ( plus ideally a heart rate monitor) on your bike or turbo and a gps (for the run).
We would ideally like to do these tests on a regular basis to more easily track improvements (every 4 months or so) so we want to keep the tests price as low as we can, the normal cost is between 120€ and 250€.
The Full Test includes:
• A detailed and comprehensive results report
• A one on one debrief, to go through the results, explain what they mean and understand how we can apply the results into your training schedule.
bike or run
bike and / or run