Strength Session Notes
Do 16-18 repetitions of each exercise, rest for 60 seconds and repeat twice before moving onto the next exercise. After 2 exercises run 800m – 1500m at a moderate pace, rest for 2 mins then move to the next exercise.
Always cool down after the workout with 5 to 10 minutes of lighter activity (for example an easy recovery jog) and then perform some held stretches for all body parts – hold each stretch for 15 seconds and do 2-3 reps of each stretch.HEALTH WARNING: Walking the next day is hard.
1. Sticky Squat jump : Bend both knees until your thighs are parallel with the floor and then jump as high in the air as you can.
then land and lower to the start position and hold it for 2 secs before you jump again.
2. Lawnmowers: Start in normal press up position with shoulders, hips and ankles in a straight line. Lift right arm from floor and reach underneath body towards your left side. Pull right arm back towards right side and then point it to the ceiling. Your upper body will rotate and will now be facing to the right. Repeat and then change arms after half way.
3. Lunges: Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Step forward with one leg and bend the front knee and back knee to about 90degrees, keeping your back straight. Push off the front foot and return to start position, and then repeat on the other leg. Take care to ensure that the front knee stays in line with your big toe and does not wobble left and right
4. Alternate press ups: Start in normal press up position with shoulders, hips and ankles in a straight line. Have one hand slightly in front of shoulder and the other hand slightly behind. Lower yourself to the floor and push back up. Switch hand positions after half way.
5. Moving squat jumps: Bend both knees until your thighs are parallel with the floor and then jump forward as far as you can, as soon as you land jump again, the contact on the ground is as short as possible.
6.Plank: plank 30 secs, left side plank 30sec, right side plank 30secs repeat. (NB: You maybe able to hold 45 secs/90 secs per position, if you can do so)
7.Bounding: 30 seconds of bounding on the spot (1 leg to other), repeat. Standing on right leg with left knee bent at right angles, push up into the air and land on the left leg. Repeat on the other side. Ensure that you land under control with knee bent and facing over big toe. If you can’t then control the knee, lower the height of your jump.
8. Weighted Swimming Crunches: Lie with your back on the floor, legs bent, feet flat on the floor. Place your hands above the head holding a weight. throw your hands past your head in a swimming action and sit up. Lower yourself back down again
9. Alternate leg to knee squat thrusts: 30 each leg, repeat
Those are MY Jammies !!!